Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Peer Review

Daily Update
I was pleasantly surprised with how the peer review of your essay drafts went today. Many of the comments I heard during your discussions were insightful and useful, and I hope you found the process helpful--and not too uncomfortable.

If the peer review felt somewhat awkward to you, please take my word that it will get easier and more helpful as the semester progresses. We'll do this often enough that by the end of the semester you'll be old pros!

At the end of class today, you took your essays with you with the task of revising your first draft into something new to submit to me on Monday, February 14. On that day, you will submit a clean, revised draft attached to the draft you brought to class today, which will help me to see the revisions you made. For those of you who did not come to class today (and to a lesser extent those of you who came unprepared--though it's always better to come than to not come), you have your work cut out for you. If you received no peer feedback on your first draft, the burden for revising will be solely on you. Find a good reader to give you feedback, or take it to the writing lab. Remember: you need to submit two different drafts (one original, one revised) to me on Monday.

Homework Reminder
For Friday, you need to read selections from Literature for Composition chapter 6. The pages you need to read are on the syllabus. You actually need to read it, and to read it carefully, as you will have a longer in-class quiz on Friday morning. I know that many of you are not doing any of the reading; I am holding you more accountable for it from now on. Do the work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment